December 23, 2008

Sorry I Missed a Post Yesterday!

Apologies to all of you who wrote this morning worried that I did not write a blog yesterday! My CT scan was routine - the best part of it is that instead of drinking that thick, gross barium liquid, they now have one based on Crystal Light which is like drinking 2 quarts of Crystal Light instead of that dreadful chalky one. They mix the "dye" with delicious raspberry, sugar free, CL which reminded me of Cool Aid when we were kids.

We did not get out of MSK until 4:30ish and hit rush hour going home. Considering the amount of fluid I had to consume in a few hours, we had to make several pit stops for me. I had energy for a change so we also stopped at Macy's for a few last minute gifts and then went out for a quick burger at the Iron Horse in Glen Head. We did not get in until 8:30 or so and by then, my energy had crashed and I headed straight to bed. Ironically, I had no trouble sleeping last night although the night before I seemed to have visits from so many who have gone before. They were all so happy I think they were sending me positive messages for this treatment. One funny note is that my Aunt Lou, who always wore a dress and an apron, was wearing Bermuda shorts in my dream and I commented on her great legs. She just laughed and said they were comfortable.

We are getting ready to go back into the city in a little while. I have a 9:30 appointment for blood work and then my first dose of the clinical trial medication around 11 a.m. They will keep me there for several hours to make sure I do not have an allergic reaction (please, God, no fireworks this time!) and then I will bring home enough medication for 14 more days. On the 15 day, I go back for the same procedure. This will last six weeks at which time they will determine if it has worked. If not, they will try something else. Jack and I have great expectations that this will work and I will soon be on the road to good health.

I will make every effort to write another entry after the treatment today. If I don't, it is because I am not up to it so, don't worry, just pray that all goes well. After all this is the season of miracles for all of us.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: