Sorry for all you who missed my blog yesterday but some days there just isn't that much to say or a nap gets in the way. It was actually the nap who was the culprit yesterday. First, sticking to my Twelve Days of Weather, the 4th (April) was cloudy and a bit dripping but a tad warmer than usual and today, the 5th (May) looks to be clear but cooler than usual.
I had planned to sit down and write my blog about the good time I had with the gals on Wednesday night but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I was sidetracked.
Last evening around six, the phone rang and it was the nurse from MSK with the good news that after careful study of the tissue samples and the CAT scans they had, it appears that my lung is stable and that there is no metastasis to the pancreas. However, before you do your happy dance, I must send them - overnight today - copies of the CDs of my tests for the last year just so they can do another comparison to make absolutely sure it is just the pancreas.
Of course, I have not been able to reach anyone at the diagnostic place who are holding my CDs captive at the moment. I am expecting a call back and if I don't get one soon, I will be get in their face this afternoon. It is distressing because if I get these things to MSK on time, the lung biopsy will be canceled on Tuesday (thank God) and the pancreatic mass will be removed on Thursday so all this waiting and worrying about it sending its tentacles out into my other organs will be over and I will be on the road to recovery. I am trying to be patient as it has only been 1/2 hour since I called and left a very urgent message on voice mail. I know in my head that I am not the only person these health service providers are dealing with but in my heart, and perhaps selfishly, I want my own needs treated as the most important at the moment!
Who would ever think that a person would be joyously awaiting the news that lung cancer had not spread and that her pancreatic tail and spleen would be removed within the week? There is something very warped in this but it would be the answer to my prayers to know that the lung is not spreading and that the pancreatic tumor can be removed and stopped in its tracks as well!
I'll put in another posting today if there is more to report.
Keep praying.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment