Weather today unusually warm and a little overcast for December 9th. Looks like September will be cloudy and warm.
Thanks to all of you who telephoned. The biopsy went off on schedule this morning but the twilight drugs are still in my system. I am exhausted and am up because my caretaker came to check if I was ok - poor Jack is not the most gentle questioner of the state of your health. Needless to say, I was in an extremely deep and soothing sleep as I was extremely nauseous all the way home in the car and fought the urge to make Jack pull over to the side of the road. However, when I got in the door at home and rushed down the hallway, all bets and courtesies were off. But it did make me feel better so I could eat a little toast and fall into a deep sleep during the Ellen show. The TV makes a good white noise so I did not hear the phone ringing (it is shut off in the bedroom.) I am really too tired to talk but am so grateful to you all for your support - it was good for Jack, too.
The biopsy, for which I was completely awake but very relaxed, was not a piece of cake but it was not as horrible as I had imagined. Let's say I got a whole lot of souls out of Purgatory and Dr. Ann Something said I was one of her best patients and tolerated any discomfort without making a fuss....too busy thinking of those souls. (See blog of November 2 for further details on my relationship with Purgatory.) Dr. Ann said there was no way there would be any hint of results today and we would be lucky if we heard anything by Friday.
When we left the hospital, the Dr. Pancreas still felt surgery would take place on Thursday with a work up tomorrow morning and a meeting with him. HOWEVER, a few minutes ago (which is what actually got me out of bed) is that he has rethought his position and the surgery will NOT take place on Thursday because he feels it is wiser to wait for the biopsy results. Duh. So, down the roller coaster again. We have to wait until Friday (if we are lucky) and hopefully, the surgery will be next week unless the lung biopsy shows malignancy. Then I believe it will be a course of chemo - still haven't clarified that but Karen and both are sure that is what the doctor said at our initial meeting although he was so certain it was just the pancreas. So, back to the Hands of the Major Surgeon who takes care of us all.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment