Which One's Nana?
It was a fun way to spend this dreary afternoon.
Today was the day my surgery was scheduled and I have to admit feeling a little upset that it hasn't taken place yet. The sensible part of me says it is far better to be absolutely sure what is going on but it is just taking so damn long and I can't help feeling that more damage is being done by waiting, waiting, waiting. I should quit whining about this but unfortunately, I am stuck in the worry rut.
So, I'm working myself up into a real pity party mood when Joe sends me a photo (see above as I was unable to place it where it should be) he took with his phone of Agnes pointing to my photo when asked "Which one's Nana?" How can I remain pitiful when my Gingie Girl can pick me out of a line up and I have a son-in-law who is thoughtful enough to send the photo to me via e-mail? The folks to my right in photo (left when looking at it) are Grandma and Grandpa DeMerit who I miss a whole lot and wish I was able to visit with them over the holiday season. Next summer or Christmas for sure. Hopefully they will visit NY before then. Meanwhile, I send my love and thoughts to all our family members in Wisconsin.
Shirley and W just called from Tucker. Georgia to tell me she had to restrain him from buying me the display cow dressed as Santa at Chick-Fil-A. I said they were cheating on me going to Chick-Fil-A in my absence as I love Chick-Fil-A chicken. See, I have my favorites all over the place - Chick-Fil-A in Georgia; frozen custard in Wisconsin; bar-b-que in North Carolina; pizza and bagels in New York; cider donuts and Kraus chocolates in Albany, NY; pigs in a blanket in Northport, NY and eggplant parmigiana by Jeanne now in East Northport, NY......oh, the list goes on and on......mmmmm, see what a little memory of Chick-Fil-A will do? I won't even go into fried stuffed olives in Rome and then any dairy product and brown bread in Ireland ..............I'd better get well as I have a lot of good eating to do.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!

Well, I am proud to say I have made it to day 11 of my December weather forecasting calendar! November looks to be a stormy month - not too cold but very wet. If I make it to 12, it will be the first time and my ancestors will be so proud that I am keeping the tradition alive. (Go back to December 1 if you don't know what I am talking about.)
Mrs. McMahon just left in this miserable storm. She came by to see me and spoil me with a cup of Ginger Snap Starbucks - with whipped cream. I have always been a coffee purist - black, no sugar. She introduced me to this Ginger Snap treat around Thanksgiving and I have been craving it since. It certainly perked me up - pun intended! I am glad it is a seasonal drink and I'll look forward to one or two more during the Christmas season and then wait for next year.
It was a fun way to spend this dreary afternoon.
Today was the day my surgery was scheduled and I have to admit feeling a little upset that it hasn't taken place yet. The sensible part of me says it is far better to be absolutely sure what is going on but it is just taking so damn long and I can't help feeling that more damage is being done by waiting, waiting, waiting. I should quit whining about this but unfortunately, I am stuck in the worry rut.
So, I'm working myself up into a real pity party mood when Joe sends me a photo (see above as I was unable to place it where it should be) he took with his phone of Agnes pointing to my photo when asked "Which one's Nana?" How can I remain pitiful when my Gingie Girl can pick me out of a line up and I have a son-in-law who is thoughtful enough to send the photo to me via e-mail? The folks to my right in photo (left when looking at it) are Grandma and Grandpa DeMerit who I miss a whole lot and wish I was able to visit with them over the holiday season. Next summer or Christmas for sure. Hopefully they will visit NY before then. Meanwhile, I send my love and thoughts to all our family members in Wisconsin.
Shirley and W just called from Tucker. Georgia to tell me she had to restrain him from buying me the display cow dressed as Santa at Chick-Fil-A. I said they were cheating on me going to Chick-Fil-A in my absence as I love Chick-Fil-A chicken. See, I have my favorites all over the place - Chick-Fil-A in Georgia; frozen custard in Wisconsin; bar-b-que in North Carolina; pizza and bagels in New York; cider donuts and Kraus chocolates in Albany, NY; pigs in a blanket in Northport, NY and eggplant parmigiana by Jeanne now in East Northport, NY......oh, the list goes on and on......mmmmm, see what a little memory of Chick-Fil-A will do? I won't even go into fried stuffed olives in Rome and then any dairy product and brown bread in Ireland ..............I'd better get well as I have a lot of good eating to do.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment