Today, December 2 (February) was a clear and seasonable day so February should be pretty nice according to our old family customs.....we'll see!
Had a call from the doctor at MSK and my labs were all good but they are still working on the comparative slides and the results of the CAT scan from yesterday. I was going to wait until the end of the week to call so it was a great relief to get the call from them telling me they were on top of it all and would let me know as things continue to transpire at their end.
I'm feeling a little smug and big headed today as I sent my blog to author Judith Kelman who, along with several to professional writers, is running a wonderful workshop called Visible Ink at MSK to encourage the patients to use writing as therapy. The level of the writing ability does not matter, what matters is that it encourages folks to get their feelings out on paper. The program is free and will link you up with a professional writer who will guide you through whatever it is you wish to write. I think it is a great idea to encourage people to write. Anyway, she first answered my e-mail with a lovely note thanking me for sending it and asking if I was interested in joining the workshop. A little while later, she sent another e-mail praising my blog about its honesty, interest - well, even though I'd like to bore you with the details, suffice it to say I am thrilled to have an author of her caliber even acknowledging my e-mail never mind praising my writing. In the world of "If only", if only someone had heaped this praise years ago and encouraged me to follow my dream of being a journalist instead of getting a job as a keypunch operator at the local phone company. To be fair, I have always written but it always seemed to be ghost writing for someone else - college papers, executive letters, customer service letters, newsletters.......I did have several columns in local newspapers for a few years but that was considered "covering the rubber chicken circuit." Too bad my skin was so thin! It is quite a bit thicker these days! I think the lesson to be learned here is that we must do everything in our power to encourage someone's dream no matter what it is. Maybe this current crisis is a push in the direction of finally confronting my own dreams - although I think playing Ado Annie is out but there is always Mama Rose, isn't there?
I still have not figured out how to put the photos from Thanksgiving in this blog. When I began the blog, I could do it but those brain cells seem to have become clogged. I am going to continue trying to figure the whole thing out. I refuse to be thwarted by an obstinate computer.
Incidentally, two of my pet peeves happened today.....the first was receiving one of those "jinx" e-mails that if I didn't send it on (and it had Jesus on it, what was I to do?) I would have terrible things happen to me. I did not want to take a chance although it gave me the hibbie jibbies. Again I am begging you all not to send these chains to me - I don't think any of you want to cause me any more stress....the second was while I was on the phone with MSK getting information regarding my biopsy and call waiting - which I ignored - started beeping. Whoever it was continued to ring the phone for almost five minutes - five minutes of that damn beep while I'm dealing with a life or death matter. For goodness sake, if the machine does not pick up after four rings, someone is on the phone who does not think your call is important enough to put vital information on hold. Give it up after four or five rings you are being extremely insensitive and rude. Usually the offending party shows on the tv screen but this time it did not. I wish I knew who it was because I would not be blogging about it, I would be complaining on the telephone!
Although I had a rough week or so, I feel like I am climbing back to my good place. Thanks for helping me get there.
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment