December 16, 2008

Cookies and Snow


The weather outside has started to become frightful - at least that is what our Calico Cat has to say as she put her speckled nose out and quickly backed into the warm house! I couldn't believe it had started to snow, albeit a light dusting at the moment. I think it is supposed to continue - lightly - until it mixes with rain through tomorrow morning and then goes away. It kind of fits in with my mood today as I decided to bake some cookies for the holidays. Yesterday I planned to bake rugalach but got waylaid without enough cream cheese in the house so I made them this morning. Not bad but I think they could use a dusting of powdered sugar to sweeten them a little.....then I got into the chocolate chip cookie mode and they only need your teeth and lips to make them better! Jack is off on errands so I asked him to pick up some more cream cheese and coconut as I have an idea to make mini chocolate cupcakes, ice them white and dip them in coconut...miniatures of my favorite cake. I was thinking a cherry on the top of each one would be festive as well. I know I am supposed to be watching my sugar intake and I am following the rules but I also believe a little cheat now and then keeps you on the straight and narrow food wise.

A couple of the Crones and Miss Jean Brodie and I are going out for Sunday brunch at the Locust Valley Inn on Sunday. It will be a good way to celebrate an early Christmas. I am really looking forward to it as that is one of my favorite restaurants.

Please take a look at Sween in the Bean today and see the latest picture of our little Gingie Girl Elf. I tried to put it here but then you know what good luck I have with adding photos. It's easier for you to click on Sween in the Bean!

Carol and Joel B. sent the best holiday card today - it says Believe! which is our motto on this journey - also thanks to Carol who inspired it with something she wrote to me. I loved it and know that Carol deliberately picked that card for me so I want to thank her publicly! It really touched my heart.

Think of me tomorrow as I meet with Dr. Lung O at 3:45. Hopefully, he will set me on the path to wellness - no matter how bumpy that path may be. I will make every effort to write a blog entry after my meeting but it may not be done until Thursday morning so don't panic.

Right now, I'm enjoying the aroma of the fresh baked cookies and maybe I'll eat one just for you!
Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: