December 13, 2008

Bathroom Surgery

There isn't a whole lot to share today except the following photo which I received from Joe's brother, Tom, in answer to my quest for some kitchen tools to remove the tumor myself. I will include my own quote upon which this photo is based.


One thing for sure, this b.s. about early detection is a myth. The pancreatic mass could not have been detected earlier and it has been 2 1/2 months and it is still wreaking havoc. I have been sorely tempted to grab a can opener and remove it myself if it were only that simple!

It is very hard to stay glum very long with any of the DeMerits around physically or in spirit all the way from Wisconsin. What are the odds of having a child marry into a family that has the same warped sense of humor as your own? I think I am very lucky, indeed. So, thanks Tom and Joanne, for this hilarious image! It really made me laugh although I think you should have included a lobster pick.

Jack, who somehow becomes filled with the Christmas spirit around Thanksgiving, has even managed to infect me - a little - today. Christmas is starting to appear in the nooks and crannies of the Sweeney house. The freezer has some wonderful Christmas cookies baked by Joe and I have to admit that when Eileen stopped by for coffee today, we did sample a few of those cookies. Mmm. Now it will take great willpower to not sample a few more each day. I know they are for Christmas and 1/2 for Virginia.

I finally watched the online video of Gingie Girl walking on Thanksgiving. If you get a chance, go to the DeMerit website - A Family Grows in Brooklyn - and look at the videos. Joe is very creative and has done a super job with his edits.

That's all for now!

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: