December 26, 2008

On the Feast of Stephen

I am glad that if good King Wenceslas looked out today, he would not see a lot of snow deep and crisp and even. The rain seems to have done a good job of removing most of the snow.

This blog will be written intermittently through the day as I am sharing my computer this week with Kate. Yesterday, I posted my Christmas blog on her website by accident and she discovered it late last night when we returned home from Virginia's! It is good having the Guru of Blog here in the house as she quickly corrected my blunder. She also rearranged the photographs on my computer so that I can actually find them. Not finding them had become a problem when I wanted to send one along to accompany an entry.


I could not sleep again last night and spent 2ish to 5ish watching tv. Except for the sleep issue, which has been going on for months even though I have medication to help me sleep, I feel great. I am thankful for each day that I do not have any side effects and hope this keeps up. Even though I had little sleep last night - and no nap yet today - I have more energy than I have had for a long time. Maybe it is the after effect of the hilarious and food filled Christmas Eve gathering at the DiLollo's house or the joyful feeling of being surrounded by so much love and concern at Virginia's yesterday - whatever it is, it is working and I am thankful. And, this Sunday we will be celebrating again with Karen, Joe, Agnes, and Kate. Joe is going to make Beef Wellington and all the fixings with his sous chefs, Karen and Kate.





One of the most fun happenings was the arrival of a large, stuffed cow wearing a placard which reads "Eat More Chiken" which some of you may recognize as the slogan of Chick-Fil-A which is my favorite fast food chicken and the chain has not reached past the Mason Dixon line yet. W and Shirley managed to get the store mascot - wearing his Santa hat - and mail it up to me. It makes me laugh every time I go through the living room where she moooves about - either on the rocking chair or dozing near the Christmas tree. I'm sure you will be seeing lots of udder photos of Chik on this blog as she is my own personal mascot!




We also had a couple of reindeer dragging a sleigh filled with gifts around our front lawn since Christmas Eve. I think they are looking for the large wild turkey that was here on Thanksgiving or perhaps they had herd about the chiken lovin' cow who recently moooved in. Anyway, I slipped out late last night and caught them before they got away.


Jack works really hard to put up the outdoor decorations each year and I think it is time I acknowledge how much I appreciate his efforts. It is not easy to get these decorations down from an attic that is only accessible from a door in the garage ceiling which takes a very tall ladder to reach. I don't know how he does it every year. The gifts in the sleigh are a new addition this year - pretty clever, I think.

I'll be posting more photos as time goes on since Kate has given me some really good instructions and organized my photographs so I can find them.

Incidentally, since this blog is read all over the world, Happy Boxing Day to my pals who are celebrating it today! Raise a glass to my health, would you, please?

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: