December 30, 2008

Fifth Night


Somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I've heard of a tradition called Fifth Night and finding an almond in a piece of cake. It might be something I dreamed up but we are going out for dinner tonight and I'm going to call it a Fifth Night Celebration. Actually, it is an early New Year's Eve dinner as Jack is driving tomorrow night and New Year's Day for some friends. So, tonight we are heading off to dinner with the gang - including Agnes Rose, who will probably woo the entire restaurant!

I am feeling very good after one full week on the medication....still a little fatigued but I still am not sleeping a lot at night. I've cut out the daily naps to see if that helps but it hasn't so far! Tonight I am going to try to stay up late and see if that will help.

Th above photo of Agnes Rose with Ava and baby Samantha, Virginia's granddaughters. It is wonderful to see our friendship go into the third generation....makes me feel like the past is merging with the future is some mystical way. Anyway, Danny and Melissa hosted a lovely "cousins" party and the little ones all got along. For those of you who don't know a whole lot of our history, Virginia, Eileen and I have been friends for almost 55 years. Our children have been close over the years as well. (Great Aunt Eileen can't imagine how her childhood friends are suddenly responding to names like "Grandma" and "Nana." However, we can still think of her as the ever youthful Great Aunt Eileen.)
Time to go!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!

No comments: