Whatever had me laying low yesterday is gone and I am as fit as a fiddle today. I haven't even had a nap yet even though I did not have a very good night's sleep. I will be in bed early tonight for sure (I've been going to bed earlier and earlier - one night I am going to meet myself getting up in the morning!)

Christmas dinner yesterday was superior. I am going to try to post a photo of the Beef Wellington and Chef Joseph who looks a bit startled at the thought that we were going to cut into and eat his beautiful creation. We did and it was as tasty as it was beautiful!
Tonight Jack and I are going to have plain penne with good old marinara sauce (home made by the Italian grocery store man who cooks in the back of somewhere.) Hey, I made empanadas on Saturday for Kate and the gang so I did do some cooking. Kate ate the last of them for breakfast this morning.
Joe's sister, Cathy, makes the most wonderful orange biscotti and was kind enough to send me some. My family actually thought I was going to share them - well, I AM NOT sharing them. I have hidden them and will enjoy each and every one of them in secret. So, thank you, Cathy, I will think of you, Juan, Paula and Carlos each time I enjoy one of these special cookies - and I will remember what good times we have when we are all together. I am looking forward to more of those good times next summer either here at Juan's place in the Hamptons or in Wisconsin!
I also think Grandpa John DeMerit will enjoy knowing that Agnes Rose pointed at the angel on our tree and said "angel" (well, it was a little more like agiegl but we knew what she meant.)
The gang has gone off to celebrate with their "cousins", Eileen and Virginia's clan including three year old Ava and baby Samantha. They should have a great time as they always do when they get together.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment