December 10, 2008

Just a Laugh Riot

Today's weather is rainy but reaching 60 degrees. It is colder in the house than outside. Looks like October will be damp but mild.


I am still a little worn out today and my stomach is still queasy but compared to yesterday and last night, I feel much better. I had a good night's sleep until the cat wanted to go out at 4 a.m. but it gave me the opportunity to catch up on Days of Our Lives which broadcasts the episode from the day before at 4-5 a.m. I fell asleep again before it was over and slept soundly until 8 am. I plan a nap before too long today. Actually, I am going to have a nap right now as I am feeling a little lightheaded.

It is now 7ish and Jack brought in dinner so I just put it in the oven to heat. Last night I tried to teach him how to make bake potatoes and baked salmon (plain, just a little butter, salt, pepper and lemon zest.) He listened and I went back to bed. After an hour, I did not smell anything cooking so I went to check and the food was untouched. I wound up cooking this simple meal. I really worry about what will happen when I am unable to cook for a few weeks? How much take out can you eat? Ugh. Anyway, I am glad to have it tonight as it will be quick and filling.

The joke of today was that at about 5:30, the admitting department from MSK called to tell me what time my surgery was tomorrow. The fellow at the other end simply would not take my word for the fact that the surgery was cancelled. He wasn't very happy with me. ME, you know, the patient. He wanted to know who told me it was cancelled. I told him Dr. Pancreas and if he was still having a problem with this cancellation, he should get in touch with Dr. Pancreas. It was the first unpleasant person I've dealt with at this hospital - I could not believe he was actually arguing with me about whether or not I was having surgery tomorrow. He should only have known how disappointed I was that the surgery was cancelled. I hope he has the opportunity to call me next week with a time for surgery!

That's about it for today. I just had a phone call from a friend and we chatted for quite a long time. It was a good visit!

If you have a chance, take a look at Sween in the Bean which you can get to by clicking on it. Kate is so creative and has made a great holiday video which guarantee will bring a big smile to your face.

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: