I am sure you will all rejoice with me when I tell you that I have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday, November 19 at 1:15 p.m. with Dr. DeMatteo at Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital. This was a wonderful ending to a frustrating week of waiting. I still don't have the full pathological results of my biopsy (and I am writing this at 4:15 p.m. regardless of what time it shows as posted) but I forged ahead and made some phone calls which did me little good but the wonderful folks at Dr. Donnelly's office sent all necessary paperwork to Dr. DeMatteo's office - except the pathology because it isn't ready - and Dr. DeMatteo's staff gave me an appointment! They were so kind and understanding about my frantic fear of time wasting with such a quick growing disease. No matter what else happens, at this moment I feel a profound sense of relief that I have an appointment with a pancreatic specialist at one of the finest hospitals in the world.
My bronchitis/sinus combo seems better today. At least my nose is clear - I am still coughing unless I really keep quiet and rest. It is a good excuse to lie in bed and read or watch TV anyway. The weather is so dreadful outside, damp and dreary.
A few of the Crones are trying to get together for a brunch next Sunday. I have come to realize that part of being a woman warrior is that we have to have a lot of meetings over brunch, lunch or dinner. It is good - feed the body and feed the soul at the same time!
On a lighter note, I am so mad at NBC for cancelling Lipstick Jungle. I loved that show - so glamorous and so inspiring to Cougar wannabees. What will they replace it with, another stupid reality show? I can't believe how much we spend each month on cable TV and there still is nothing to watch and when you find something you really enjoy, they cancel it. If they would stop moving shows around so that it is impossible to find what night they are on, maybe the shows would have a chance to get a following.
As always love, from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment