November 03, 2008

Bits and Pieces


Agnes Rose was disguised as a lion cub for Halloween - a very colorful one at that! Our good friend, Lisa Farley, was kind enough to take this photo on Halloween and send it to us. It makes me smile every time I look at it! Why, I was even inspired to order some prints from the Kodak Gallery - a first, I might add! Retirement has opened whole new vistas for me through the magical world of the computer.

The next few days will be challenging for Jack and I. Tomorrow I will have my pre-op testing at North Shore. This is to make sure everything is A-OK for the biopsy of the pancreatic growth. I find that sentence a bit ironic - to make sure everything is A-OK for the biopsy. Obviously, things are not A-OK or I would not need to be doing this, would I? Naturally, I forgot to ask how long it would take to get the results of the biopsy and how quickly could an appointment be made to have the growth removed once it is determined what it actually is - or if malignant, what stage. I have a call in to my Internist's office now with my questions and I'm sure to have an answer to these two questions by the end of the day.

Wednesday we are taking car service into Manhattan for Jack's cataract surgery. He is having a cataract removed from his right eye. The car service will bring us home again. I was relieved to learn that the service would bring us home as Jack was muttering something about taking the Long Island Railroad home as everyone tells him that the surgery is a piece of cake. Well, I wasn't too thrilled about leaving a hospital after surgery, taking a wild cab ride to Penn Station and then the train. I think the turning point for Jack came when he realized that I would be the one driving home from the train station. I wish I had thought of mentioning that a few weeks ago and saved myself the worry......I should have known we would not be taking the LIRR home.

Then for several days after the surgery, Jack has to have his eye checked by the surgeon. I haven't asked what mode of transportation this will involve. I believe there will be other checkups on the eye in the coming weeks. Mercy! What next - will we actually have our hearing tested and stop making everyone repeat almost every word spoken to us? How boring to actually know what someone said when you can make up your own conversation based on what you think you heard.

As always, love from me to you.

No comments: