Happiness is having no time stamp at the end of my blogs anymore! It has been driving me crazy that some arbitrary time has been assigned to my postings - made me look like I am at my computer 24/7! The more I tried to fix it, the worse it became. So, of course, I turned to my Blog Wizard, Kate, who guided me through the electronic maze to fix it. I still did not do it correctly so I asked Kate to do it for me. Meanwhile, I figured it out - but at the same time, she also fixed it. So we are both taking credit for the solution and proving that two half-wits equal a whole!
It is a miserable, rainy, windy Saturday here and Jack's eye is bothering him. He was up and out early this morning with his buddy Teddy Roosevelt and has been snoozing on and off the rest of the day in the recliner guarding the football games on TV. I have taken myself to the bed, been snoozing on and off and watching anything but football and reading. I just got up to figure out what's for dinner - not much, for sure. Some bbq spareribs already cooked and ready for glazing in the oven, sweet potatoes and some corn...... some salad, I suppose. There is still a gallon of the beef soup left - I guess I got carried away the other night. Time for freezing it, I suppose as neither of us want to look at it anymore! Why do those damn ditali macaroni keep growing and growing?
There was a grand surprise in my e-mail today. Kate is coming home on Friday night to stay until Sunday and Agnes will bring her parents on Saturday - Kate will go home on Sunday night and be back Wednesday to Saturday. Too much travel for Kate but I am happy to have my little clan surround me during these trying times. Jack will drive Agnes and her parents home on Sunday as well. My Crones and Miss Jean Brodie are putting off the brunch we scheduled for next Sunday until early December depending on what my medical schedule will be. Tomorrow Virginia and Eileen will join me for the afternoon. My life is blessed with abundance.
Last night I had a very long chat with my incredibly humane Oncologist (hereby called Onco Man with great affection.) Even though all the results from the pathology are not in, he is firmly convinced that I am not dealing with a new cancer, i.e., pancreatic cancer cells, but that the lung cancer is metastasizing and is now in the pancreas. This has not been confirmed but it is more likely than being hit with two different cancers at the same time - for you see, there are growths in my lung again. So, he will confer with the pathologist on Monday and have him compare the slides from two years ago and the ones from last week. If the cells are the same, we have our answer. I guess no answer was going to be a good one, but having the lung cancer on the rampage is not the one I wanted. Looks like the answer will be chemo, chemo and more chemo. I will be talking with him on Tuesday. He and I agree that I will still be treated at Sloan Kettering regardless of the diagnosis. I hate to leave him and my Long Island doctors who have been so incredible but I have to move on to higher ground for my battle......he and my other doctors are behind me 100%. Such goodness. He said the important thing is not who my doctor is but that I win the battle. If he wasn't such an Irishman I'd call him a real Mensch.
Last but not least, I want to tell Lisa Farley that I have been going to the site she sent me and finding it incredibly inspiring. It is my first site in the early morning when I can't sleep. I follow the thought and you would be amazed at the conversations I have been having. I am learning to listen for the answers and they come quietly in gentle friends and loved ones - including you.
Going back to snuggle under a my down blanket until I smell dinner burning.
As always love, from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment