November 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Ted and Rosemary!

Forty-eight years ago today, I wore my first pair of high heels. They were beautiful - orange satin pumps with butterflies embossed all over them. They went with my Wild Pumpkin junior bridesmaid dress at Ted and Rosemary's wedding. Between the hoop skirt and the stiletto heels - well 2 inch heels but they were skinny heels, it is amazing that I did not kill myself on the way down the aisle. It was a beautiful autumn day and the clear blue sky acted as a magnificent backdrop for the leaves that ruffled on the branches of the trees. The leaves looked handpainted to match our dresses. It was a glorious day for a wedding. So, happy anniversary to Ted and Rosemary! Forty eight years is quite an accomplishment!

NSUH/LIJ called this morning to ask if I was ok after my procedure; how was I treated; and to tell me if I had any residual problem to notify my doctor or go to the emergency room. I said I was as fine as could be from the procedure but when would I get the full pathology. Maybe next Monday, it takes a week to ten days....only twice as long as I was told on Monday. This is going to be a looooonnnnngggg week.

At least my head cold/bronchitis is a little clearer today. Except for an occasional attack of coughing, it has calmed a bit. As long as I stay quiet. I woke up choking during the night but used my inhaler and some cough medication and good old Vicks Vaporub and fell right back to sleep. I still maintain that Vicks is the cure for everything nasal or chest or headache related.

Yesterday I baked brownies and today I made pumpkin waffles. Those who know me well know that whenever I feel upset, I cook. I'm sure we'll have some kind of homemade soup for dinner tonight - I feel the urge coming on even at 11 am. Oh, please don't pay attention to the time that this seems to be posted. I learned yesterday that if I put the correct time in - as oposed to letting the blog gods set the time - it doesn't get posted or it gets posted the next day. Anyway, I've decided to ignore the time as it really doesn't matter to anyone except me and a few anal friends who would question why I am posting at 3 am when it is really noon. Part of my new acceptance is to let go of the things I can't change. (Even though it is driving me nutz!)

The afternoon has flown by and I did make beef vegetable soup for dinner in case you find this interesting. I have also pressed something that is causing my edits to overtype so I am going to end this edition right now.

As always love, from me to you.

No comments: