The pathology department representative did call me today for my credit card number so that a slice of my biopsy tissue could be sent overnight to the doctor at Sloan Kettering. Of course, I gave her my American Express although she really wanted a MasterCard or Visa. I felt as though I was disappointing her by not having the card of her choice. I have to tell you that ordering a slice of my cancer tissue made me think I of shopping in some deli created by Mel Brooks (or John Sullivan, now that I think of it.) Hey, give me a slice or two of that lung cancer and throw in a little pancreatic juice, too.....maybe just a touch of liver and two fingers worth of bile. What, there is a special today on fully blocked arteries? So, I'll take a pound. . .this could go on but I imagine I may have lost a few of you back at the slices. Just remember, folks, you heard it here first!
I guess I am feeling a little goofy as I am waiting to hear from Onco Man who promised to call this evening with his decision on whether we are dealing with lung metastasis or a new cancer in the pancreas. The clock crawls ever so slowly when you are waiting for a call - and I know he doesn't call until after office hours about 7ish so why have I been staring at the clock since 5 am this morning?
I have put all my medications in a plastic bag as instructed by my kindly guide at Sloan; put the bag with the CDs of my latest scans and written reports (which I tried to figure out to no avail - they use such big words in those medical reports - no wonder they get the big bucks.)
Winter is rapidly approaching - it was actually cold today and I don't even have my winter clothes ready yet. I was wearing shorts and a summer shirt over the weekend. I need to pull together something warm for tomorrow as Manhattan can be a bit chilly.
Glory be! Jack finally called the eye doctor and guess what? He changed his drops to another kind. What a miracle! Why Jack suffered for all those days when he could have just made one phone call, I will never figure out - not even after almost 40 years of marriage. Hopefully, these drops will help. Jack is not pleased with all the folks who told him it was a piece of cake - it was not a piece of cake for him unless you count moldy fruit cake.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment