Sorry I haven't been writing the last few days but I gave myself the weekend off! Agnes Rose and her parents were here Saturday and Sunday and we got to babysit her on Saturday night for a few hours. I had so much fun feeding her - she really loves her dinner! Her new trick this weekend was learning to blow a kiss, do I have to say how adorable that was? The visit took my mind off what was upcoming this morning.
Needless to say, I had trouble sleeping last night, worrying about this endoscopic biopsy. I finally fell into a deep sleep around 5 am. At six, Jack leaped out of bed bellowing for me to get in gear we had to get ready to go to the hospital. I looked at the clock and thought he's up awfully early for a 10 am appointment. When he came out of the shower, he wondered why I was still nose deep in down covers. I said why are you up so early for a 10 am arrival. Poor man is under so much stress he thought the appointment was 8 am. So, he got back into bed for another hour or so.
We arrived at the hospital on time, I answered the same questions, I filled out the same forms - again - and was prepped for the biopsy. I have to say that the nurses in the endoscopic area are fabulous - kind, gentle and humorous. They really put you at ease.
The biopsy began promptly at 11 am and was over by noon. I wish I could tell you the results were wonderful and it was all a mistake but I would be lying. The initial pathology shows malignant cells in the mass on the pancreatic tail. The more detailed pathology will be ready in three to four days. At that time we will know if this is a new cancer or if it has spread from the original lung cancer. (Up to this point all my doctors have said that lung cancer does not spread to the pancreas so, as weird as it sounds, I am hoping this is a new cancer.) I am awaiting calls from my oncologist and internist - if they don't call this evening, I will call them tomorrow. I want to get the arrangements for Sloan Kettering moving.
I apologize to you if you've been waiting all day for this news. I came home and went straight to bed. I think I have bronchitis on top of all the rest! And, of course, I needed some time to get my head around this new information. TODAY, 11/11 I saw that my post was in DRAFT and did not get posted. Not a good omen. Hopefully it will go up now.
We have a new battle to fight. And, we will fight it until we win. It will be easy with you all at my side.
As always love, from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment