Today I am going to let off a little steam! I deeply appreciate the love and prayers that are being sent to me by all of you, but, please stop sending me chain letters which promise healing if I send them on to any number of others....especially the ones with a subtle threat tagging along at the end that if I don't follow these instructions and send them forward any number of unlucky things will happen to me or mine. Even though I usually delete them, there is always a little nagging voice in my head that says "uh, maybe you should have forwarded it."
On the other hand, I have received some beautiful and thought provoking photos and poems as well as prayers that are moving and filled with hope and the spirit of belief that all will be well. I am asking nicely, read the thing through first - if it needs to go forward, please spare me the unnecessary stress. I know your hearts are in the right place but some days I receive four to six of the same "hex" if I don't forward it. Trust me when I say I'm not looking for any more ill luck these days!
Still haven't heard the results of the full pathology from Monday. Guess tomorrow will be the big day. I have made progress in arranging for my records to be sent to the doctor at Sloan Kettering and for the diagnostic lab to run a CD of my recent CT and PET scans to the surgeon at Sloan. I have to pick it up tomorrow. As soon as the pathology is f inished, I have to arrange to either pick up or have overnighted a piece of the tumor. The last time I expected to be carrying in a little jar filled with formaldehyde - not so, everything is encased in wax these days. The labs must look like delicatessans with all these rolls of tumors lying around ready for slicing. (Oh, come on, that is a pretty funny mental image!) I feel better having taken control and made some forward movement. It's the waiting and doing nothing that frustrates me.
My bronchitis/sinus infection lingers on. Today I spent so much time coughing I thought I'd go mad. I finally took a benedryl and went to sleep. That seemed to calm it down so maybe there is an allergen at work as well.
Let's hope tomorrow will bring me some news - good news preferred.
As always love, from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment