I knew when I awoke this morning from a dream where I had no hair but looked exactly like Audrey Hepburn that this would be a better day than yesterday! My first phone call was from Joe who is bringing my Gingie Girl early this afternoon........Joe is coming today to help prepare for Thanksgiving. How many people can brag about a son-in-law like that? Karen will join us tonight and hopefully the rain will stop by then so we can cook dinner out on the grill.....it is always so much quicker and easier to cook outside.
My second phone call was from Sloan Kettering. They have not received the slides yet but hopefully they will arrive today. Ann from Sloan called to say they would like to do another CT scan and a lung biopsy at Sloan to be absolutely certain what the type of cancer actually is as the debate still goes on. It is a relief to know that these procedures will be done as soon as possible. They will set them up and then tell me when they are. It will be within the next week for sure as I have been told not to take any aspirin or blood thinners. Sloan understands the need for quickly moving the procedure along. Ann was very understanding of my fears and frustrations. So, I rejoice that some progress is being made and that I will soon be in some type of treatment. What that will be still remains to be seen but I am back to being optimistic about the outcome as well as fearful of the process. Did you ever feel happy and sad at the same time? That about sums it up.
Today I will be having a Starbucks coffee - latte venti and a piece of pastry - to celebrate this good news with Crone McMahon. I will also be able to introduce Gingie Girl to this Crone which will give me great pleasure.
Now I am going to try to get an appointment for a really short, Audrey Hepburn type pixie haircut before Thanksgiving. I will keep you posted as this latest news unfolds.
I'm back to
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment