November 20, 2008

Pas de Deux

Two blogs in one day......

I did not want today to go by without a Happy Birthday greeting to my godson, Ted. The day he was born was one of those memories that burn into your brain and you can recall with total clarity.

The kids today would find it hard to believe but I was a freshman in high school and very excited about the impending birth of this baby whom I knew would be my godchild. I was so thrilled. It was lunchtime at school and I had to go to the Principal's office to ask for special permission to use my own dime in one of the two public pay phones in the building to call home to see if the baby had been born. Talk about oppression! Can you imagine a world where you had to GET PERMISSION to make a phone call on a public phone to your own home? Well, that's the world in which some of my Crones and Miss Brodie were raised.

Anyway, that beautiful baby boy is all grown up and a great guy. Hard to believe 47 years have passed, though!

Happy Birthday!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: