November 11, 2008

Believe!

Today I learned that this blog stuff is not easy when the blog site decides to arbitrarily ignore your posting. Thankfully, Kate knows what she is doing so she kindly straightened out whatever went wrong with yesterday's. It's like the Printer's Devil - the one blog everyone was waiting for just would not appear!

Jack went for another checkup today on his eye and I'm happy to say he is doing very well. Right now he is up on our roof clearing out the gutters.

I had a conversation with my Internist today and she told me to call the doctor at Sloan and make an appointment. I did that and spoke to a gal who already had all my info from two years ago and told me what I needed to have faxed to her before an appointment could be confirmed. I then called my Oncologist's office and they will be sending all the pertinent information by the end of the week when the final pathology is in. Hopefully I will be having a consultation with the surgeon at Sloan by the end of next week. We are all praying that this is a new cancer and that the lung cancer is not metastasizing - that would not be good at all, at all. I was under the impression that lung cancer does not spread to the pancreas but learned today that it can in rare cases. Please pray that I am not a rare case.

I feel a little better now that I am able to take some control of the situation and move it along. I am also on medication for my bronchitis and sinusitis and feeling better already - the two hour nap did not hurt either.

A good friend of mine who does not put much stock in "signs" said she was thinking of me while riding an escalator in a department store today and hoping that all would go well for me. As she reached the top of the escalator, there was a huge, red sign which said "Believe." So, that will be our motto for the time being "Believe." Powerful word that - BELIEVE. I do believe that all will work out for the best even if it means going through some rough patches.

Today is also Veteran's Day and I cannot close without a salute to all those who have put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms. God bless them, their families and God bless America.

Believe!

As always love, from me to you.

No comments: