January 21, 2009

Short and Sweet

Just a short hello tonight! I think I am fighting off a head cold as I have a bad headache, runny nose and feel cold and tired. So, I am going to get under those lovely, warm and cozy covers and watch TV until I fall asleep - which should not be very long!

I had a great time at lunch today with my friend and colleague from my working days. Dolores and I always have a few laughs when we get together. She retired about four years ago although she continues to work a few days a month. She was the first person I worked with when I started 23 years ago so it is nice to still have her as a friend and even nicer to be able to spend some "retirement" time laughing together. Actually, Dolores was the only person who ever got me to save money by insisting that I put a small part of my salary each payday into a 501 k fund......or whatever it is called. I call it the "Dolores Fund" as there would be no savings if she hadn't pushed me into it. Unfortunately, I did not listen to her when I rolled it over to another company and put half in savings and half in mutual funds. You can guess what happened to my mutual funds.....I should have listened.

Incidentally, I joined Facebook the other night as I was bored and found it so annoying to use that I canceled out of it today.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: