Yesterday just got away from me and I did not have a chance to sit down and write my posting - nor did I have a chance to ride the bike. I don't know what I was doing that kept me so busy but I was....oh, I think I had a few phone calls, then I baked cupcakes (with Splenda not sugar). Whatever it was I was doing, I never even got a chance to take a nap but I slept like the proverbial log last night. Do you think there is a connection?
The snow has already started dusting the grass but it really doesn't look like it is going to be such a big deal as has been forecasted. My Gingie Girl and her parents just arrived by train. They had some plans for today but they will have to wait until tomorrow because of the weather. This will be a fun afternoon to play with Agnes Rose. We just discovered that when she sees a picture of a cat, she says "lali" and we were trying to figure out why. Could it be that we call our cat, Callie (short for Calico Cat) and when Agnes Rose says it, it sounds like "lali'? Is she a genius or what? She has also figured out that if she breathes really close to our bay window, her breath makes a pattern! I think this is very advanced but then I'm the Nana - I'm supposed to think it is all very advanced!
Just for the record....a dear friend of mine called me last night very upset as she had heard from a neighbor of mine that I was in really poor condition, getting chemo several times a week and that I was being prayed for in church (as if this alone would place me at death's door.) Let me set the record straight. I am not receiving any chemo at this time. I take 2 pills each morning as part of a clinical trial. I feel great - fatigued sometimes - but mostly just great. I am so optimistic and hopeful and the idea of someone spreading this kind of false information really raises my hackles (and believe me, you don't want me to have my hackles raised.)
I believe I am doing this well because many, many people are praying for me in church and in synagogues and in mosques; on beaches and on mountaintops; in Europe and Asia; in the open air and anytime and anywhere they think of me. I find it appalling that someone who knows absolutely nothing about my condition has taken it upon himself to spread incorrect information thereby making it appear he is in the know. Does this make him feel important? I realize this is how famous people must feel when the scandal sheets write untruths about them. Please do me a favor and if you hear anything of this sort, please put an end to it. I am as fine as I can be at the moment.....actually, feeling better than I have in a long time.
Now, I am going to play with my Gingie Girl!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment