Had a call from NSUH today telling me MSK pathology department has requested some "undyed" slides from my 2006 tumor. Of course, this has peaked my curiosity and emptied my purse of $50 which was the cost for NSUH to send the slides. (Hopefully, they will be the correct slides this time.) At least I did not have to be the middle man as the request went from Pathology Department to Pathology. I think there is excitement that the growth on the pancreas did not show up on the last CT scan. I am trying not to be excited until the next CT scan as these scans are so exact that if it is a millimeter off, you see something else. I wonder what they are looking for in checking the slides again. And, except for still feeling tired, I am really good. I am optimistic and cheerful. My sugar, without medication, is in the normal range. I have been baking some new recipes. Tonight Jack and I are having Chinese food to usher in the Chinese New Year!
Actually, today is the 35 anniversary of Jack's dad's passing. It is hard to believe that so many years have flown by. I remember how happy he was to know that I was pregnant. We found out shortly before he died. He, however, told me I was going to have twin boys and to name them Sean and Seamus. Missed the mark on that one! God rest his soul.
Missed seeing Gingie Girl this weekend but am happy to tell you that one of the Crone's has become a Grandmother. Crone Eileen H.'s daughter gave birth on January 20 to a beautiful baby boy. I can't wait to give him a million kisses. We all love each other's children and we all love each other's grandchildren as well! It just goes on. I wish all good things for this little fellow and his family. He has a very special name, too, but I will wait to announce it until I ask permission.
Life flows on. I just read an Irish blessing that I'd not heard before so I will leave you with it today in honor of the entire H & W families, especially Crone Eileen and her sweet darling.
May God give you...
With every storm, a rainbow,
With every tear, a smile,
With every care, a promise
And a blessing in each trial.
With every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
With every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer to each prayer.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment