January 19, 2009

Hide and Seek - or - Hide and Don't Look for It

It is shortly before 7 a.m. and we are getting ready to head into MSK for our every other Monday check up. I am trying to keep this blog as honest and open as possible and I need to share that I am a little apprehensive this morning as to the results of the CT scan on Friday.

Later:

Yet again I spent days worrying for naught! I am happy to report that the CT scan showed the lung tumors stable - have not grown or changed - which is VERY good. And, the pancreatic growth seems to have been misplaced so to speak - it has not shown up on the last two CT scans at MSK. We know it was there because there was a biopsy of it (and we were told it was difficult to obtain a tissue sample as it was so small) but there has been no sign of it since Dr. Pancreas turned me over to Dr. Lung O. Interesting, n'est ce pas? Where is it hiding? Or has it actually disappeared? Time will tell.

Also, strangely enough, I have not been on any medication for diabetes for many weeks now and my sugar levels have all gone down and stay pretty much in the normal range on their own. We were discussing today, Dr. Lung O and I, whether there was a teeney-tiny growth for a long time on the pancreas which may have caused the diabetes symptoms....this was not a medical discussion but a speculative one. I suggested that on of the side effects of this pill might be a cure of diabetes. We will wait this out and see what the next CT scan says in 4 weeks. Meanwhile, the staff a MSK is very happy with my progress.

Of course, they think it is all from the Miracle Pill. You and I know the pill may be working as an answer to all the prayers and good karma being sent my way. I have also been blessing myself with holy water from Lourdes thanks to Lynn C. and her family. So, keep those prayers and karma coming! We still have a long road ahead but it seems we are making progress. Thank God and all His angels and saints!

I need a nap!

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: