Had a little snow during the night - just about a little but it is very cold. They say it was colder on Friday but it did not seem that cold to me when we were in the city - of course I only walked ten feet into the door of MSK and then ten feet back out again. Jack is a good chauffeur - he drops me off, parks, then goes for the car! He doesn't make me walk although when the weather is nicer, maybe it would be good for me to take a little stroll!
The CT scan went as it usually does although I almost fell asleep on the gurney during the test. I was so sleepy! What happens is that I get anxious the night before and don't sleep very soundly so by the time I am taking the test, I am ready for a nap! The worst part of these scans is all the fluid you have to drink - which, of course, reaches your bladder as soon as you get into the car no matter how many times you visit the ladies' room before you leave the building! And, of course, we always hit traffic on the way home. Jack had to stop at a Mobile station along the Grand Central as things got to the "I can't hold it anymore" stage. That is the worst physical part of these tests. The WORST part is waiting for the results. Tomorrow is our big all day adventure at MSK so I should have some idea of how this pill is working by tomorrow's end. I will be devastated if it is not shrinking the tumors. It is a weird thing but I am beginning to feel as though the pill is my friend - it has taken on a character in my mind - and I don't want my friend to disappoint me. I know that sounds strange and I can't even explain it to myself. Let us please continue to pray.
I had a great call from my Aunt Virginia in North Carolina today. It was so good to talk to her - she is a breast cancer survivor and doing very well - thanks be to God. We talked about the joys of being grandparents. It is good to be reminded how many people are praying for me and sending me love. This is what will get me through. I promised her if I am feeling good this summer, I will make a trip down to see the family in North Carolina. It has been almost 40 years since I've seen them.....hard to imagine that! We all get so caught up in our lives and it all goes so quickly. They came for my wedding and Jack and I went down once after that - and now we are grandparents. We will be married - God willing - 40 years in May.
Karen, Joe and Agnes are with Kate in Boston this weekend. Karen called this morning in case I was worrying about the snow up there......I wasn't because Joe is from Wisconsin and I'm sure he can handle a little Boston snow! Besides I also know they have good sense and would use public transportation to get around. I just hope my sweet Gingie Girl is warm enough. Aunt Kate babysat for her last night so her Mama and Papa could have a quiet dinner.
My mother will be 98 on January 29. I know she would be shocked if she knew how old she is. I'm sorry her dementia makes it impossible to understand what a long life she is having and more sorry that she doesn't know Agnes Rose. I said to Karen the other day that my mother and Aunt Lou would just love that baby to pieces. I've been thinking of them all this week as it was the 28 anniversary of Uncle Glover's passing. So hard to believe these years have really passed by as it all seems like yesterday. I'm glad Karen has a good recollection of my aunts and uncles as Kate was too young when they passed to remember very much about them. Uncle Glover was a real pushover when it came to children. Even the kids in the neighborhood would hang around our backyard waiting for him to fix their bikes or whatever.
This has been my lucky day for phone calls.....between the last sentence and this I had a call from my cousin Patty F. in Connecticut and my other southern Aunt Louise J. I cannot tell you how special it makes me feel to hear from these folks. Patty is learning to use the computer but got vexed so she called me instead. I do talk to her fairly often considering I haven't talked to my Aunt in years. It was as though we spoke yesterday - I guess that is what the expression blood is thicker than water means. Aunt Louise promises her grandson will send me an e-mail address and I promised I would send the blog link. All in all, this has been a very touching day for me and my tears are very close to the surface. I have many memories for which to be thankful.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment