Joy to the world, the Christmas decorations have been put away for another year! I really hate that job but Jack helped today and it was done in record time. It usually drags on and on and after it is done - about two weeks after - I'm bound to find something I forgot to pack away.
Called the pension office today to find out what the different amounts of my pension would be depending on the type of selection I make regarding the payout. I haven't heard back yet but I suspect the gal who is so helpful there is probably figuring out the amounts. I retired officially on October 1 but apparently because I am on an early retirement and presently on NYS disability, I could not get my pension until after the disability runs out. It runs out in January so hopefully the pension will kick in in February but not if I don't get these forms filled out! It is hard to make a decision when you don't have the figures (after all, we are talking about the huge sum of nearly $600 a month here before taxes.)
The phone rang and I thought it was the pension office but it was Nurse Beautiful checking to see how I was feeling and if my blood sugars were ok. I was happy to say I felt great and my sugars were fine and I did not have to take any shots. And, the rash(es) are healing nicely. It was a good feeling to get that call!
This has been a great day! Mrs. McMahon did stop by bearing Starbucks Ginger Snap Latte - the last of the season for this year I fear. I wonder if they will do something with chocolate for February? After all, dark chocolate is good for your heart and your mouth, too....maybe better for your mouth.
I also enjoyed a wonderful, fun conversation with Gladys D. last night. (My son-in-law's mom for those of you who don't know.) We enjoyed chatting about our mutual granddaughter who got to enjoy her first really BIG SNOW out in Wisconsin over Christmas. It was so kind of Gladys and John to call to see how I was doing. I am looking forward to visiting them in Wisconsin - maybe sometime in the summer!
I am filled with optimism and hope, energy and happiness today. Why, I may even start riding on the stationary bike again tomorrow morning as a way to keep my sugar in control without meds. Today I feel I can do anything - I may even order Crocheting for Dummies and start to crochet again.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment