Just got in from a lovely luncheon hosted by my neighbor, Peg. We celebrated the birthdays of Jackie and Maureen. It was good to spend some time with Peg and Tina, Meg and Cara along with the birthday "girls." We had a lot of laughs and some really good chicken salad - a specialty of Peg's (along with Shrimp and Tortellini in Alfredo Sauce - old family recipe!) Tina made an angel food cake and iced it with fresh whipped cream and strawberry jam. What could be wrong with an afternoon like that? My eyes are still watering from laughing so much! I had planned a little nap when I got home but it was almost five o'clock - the afternoon flew by! Tina gave us all bouquets of tulips which certainly brightened up an otherwise gloomy house (mine!) The poinsettia is still dying in the den - but not fast enough for Jack to part with it.
I received another favorite food in the mail last week - Jack's friend Bill sent ten pounds of the Honey Bells from Florida. I love these fruits - and usually order some for us but did not this year so I am extra thankful to Bill for his thoughtful gift. Nothing like bright, fresh, sweet oranges on a cold, dark winter day!
I started to make chili and then realized I have no chili powder. Fortunately, I caught Jack in the grocery store. For once, my timing was good as I usually catch him right after he has left or been checked out.
Super Bowl weekend is here once again. Thankfully, Jack goes to a Super Bowl gathering and I can watch whatever I want on TV. Once in awhile I click to the Bowl to see if I can catch a commercial but so many of them have been leaked this year, that I can't imagine too many surprises. I am long asleep by the time the game is over!
When I visit MSK on Monday, I will not only see a different doctor than Dr. Lung O but a different Nurse Practitioner, not BP. Dr. Lung O is working at the hospital this week and BP has a few days off. I will actually miss seeing them but this promises to be a very short visit compared to previous ones.
If you don't hear from me this weekend, don't be alarmed. I get lazy on the weekends and sometimes there just isn't anything to say.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment