The Swayze interview was sad. In many ways he is inspiring in his war whoops and apparent fighting spirit. I hope (God knows I hope and pray) that he is a miracle and wins this battle but I can't help feeling that by admitting that he is still smoking cigarettes, he shows some lack of hope. He is not willing to fight 100% if he is not willing to give up the ciggies although part of me understands that giving up the ciggies at this time of stress may not be the easiest thing to do. Believe me, I loved to smoke but the words 'lung cancer" somehow instantly killed any desire to light up. There is no smoking listed in my battle plan.....although I have had an occasional dream that I was smoking but even that subliminal desire has disappeared.
WELL, AM I GLAD I MENTIONED MY FAVORITE REGIONAL FOODS in a previous blog as the FedEX man just delivered TEN, yes 10, pints of assorted KOPP'S FROZEN CUSTARD all the way from Wisconsin. Gladys and John, what a FABULOUS, WONDERFUL present - complete with a pint of whole pecans and a pint of fudge sauce just waiting to be heated. I can't decide which flavor to start with but it will be within a very few minutes. Maybe I'll just take a pint out of the freezer at random and start with that.......TIRAMISU won in the random pick over Swiss Chocolate; Vanilla; Caramel Cashew; Butter Almond; German Apple Streusel; and Pecan Toffee. You may wonder what condition these arrived in and I am here to tell you that they are frozen solid - so cold that they were almost hard to handle with my bare hands. Compliments to Kopp's for their packaging.
I neglected to mention that along the same lines, Kim sent me a two pound box of Kraus chocolates a few days before Christmas. Before I had a chance to hide it in my secret spot (unfortunately the frozen custard cannot be hidden in the same way) half the chocolates were consumed by my better half. The rest were quickly confiscated and never seen again except for the one piece I have each night. I am an only child - I have not learned to share.
The other treat I have hidden in my special place are golden almond biscotti made by Joe's sister, Cathy. I did not share them either.
W and Shirley sent me Chik from Chik-Fil-A but she wasn't carrying any chicken nuggets. I'll have to wait for those until I go to Atlanta or Atlanta comes to me bearing the chicken.
For sure, today will be the day I ride the bike so that I can enjoy some of this frozen custard without any guilt attached. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment