I seem to be living my life "holiday" to "holy day" this year. I can't believe it is Ash Wednesday tomorrow and the beginning of the Lenten season. I feel I have been so blessed by the power of prayer that I am going to try very hard to make this a season to turn my deeply held faith and belief back into a more active role in our parish life. I hope to start by going to Mass tomorrow at noon and receiving ashes. Somehow the ashes this year will remind me of what I'm working my way through physically while I look forward to the joy of Easter and all the promise it holds. I ask you to continue to keep me in your prayers during this special season.
I guess this has been the winter of my discontent! I am really looking forward to the reawakening of the flowers and trees and the song of the birds - even the noisy one who nests outside my bedroom widow every year and must be first cousin to the rooster as he starts singing shortly before sunrise. I don't know if I mentioned that we have been hearing an owl quite often this winter. I haven't heard it lately, though.
Pancakes were on the menu this morning so we won't be having them for dinner. I did make some turkey/potato croquettes from the leftover turkey breast. I made them early so I could just reheat them tonight. It is such a mess and takes so long to make them, I just wanted to get it out of the way so it would not interfere with my afternoon nap! This is one of Jack's favorite things to eat.
I had a happy phone call last night from my favorite internist, Dr. Kathy Restivo. She called to say she had been getting copies of the reports on my progress at MSK and that she was thrilled. She had also encouraged me to go to MSK when the thought was pancreatic cancer as she went to school with Dr. Pancreas. I told her I was glad I was there even though, thank God, it was not a new cancer but the metastasis of the lung cancer. We had a few laughs as we often do as she understands my warped sense of humor! Anyway, it was wonderful to hear from her and she was happy that she was kept in the loop.
Here is a shout out to my cousins in Connecticut today....hope you are enjoying your tea while reading this - especially Patty.
Now, time for my nap!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment