Sunday can be the loneliest day of the week for me so I am glad you are there and we can have a conversation.
Yesterday, Eileen and Virginia came to visit. We were supposed to go out to lunch but I am still under the weather with this nasty virus. Virginia was hilariously funny and we laughed so hard at her wit. Today I was going out to brunch with the high school les jeunne filles as Janice has tried to fool me with this new moniker - I still prefer Crones and Miss Jean Brodie but what the heck - a rose is a rose by any other name......However, I have taken to the mattress (move over Don Corleone.) Tomorrow I will call BP at MSK and see if I can renew the antibiotic as I am still running, wheezing, sneezing, coughing and ..... well, I don't need to name all Seven Dwarfs, do I?
Earlier during the week, I awoke in the middle of the night and as is my habit, I turned on the TV. I flipped around and found a show called "Knit & Crochet for Today" on the PBS Create TV channel. I was inspired by an afghan square they were showing and decided to go back to crocheting which surprised Shirley as she had no idea that I even knew what a crochet hook looked like never mind used. Well, I searched all over for this program on the Internet and could not find it. I soon began to think I dreamed the entire thing up but did begin to get my hand back into crochet. Then I remembered I gave all my mother's needles to Kate and I had a few plastic ones but they just don't have the same weight and feel as the aluminum. Fortunately, Kate is coming home next week and will bring me some of the needles.
Well, today I found the show again quite by accident - I did not hallucinate it and actually got the correct web page and all the directions I need for this afghan square which looked so intriguing - as a matter of fact, I printed out several patterns whose stitches used to be part of my repertoire but need a refresher course. I have never been able to read the patterns as my mother was always around to show me first hand how to make the stitches (although mine were never up to her standards - passable but not like her's and Aunt Lou's - she said my "hand" was more like Aunt Anna's. I remember Aunt Anna always made beautiful intricate designs for table clothes and bedspreads while the other two made woolen blankets which have kept many of us warm on a cold winter night. Believe me, I would not mind having Aunt Anna's hand but I know I do not have the patience for this fine stitchery - I need to use a broader stroke and get it done before my interest wanes. Long range projects never work for me!)
Well, you will never guess what just happened! Karen and Joe called and they are in the neighborhood and are going to stop in for a visit. Guess my loneliness will disperse as soon as I see my Gingie Girl smile!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment