February 22, 2009

Sunday with Agnes Rose





Ye gods! I'm sorry I let the week go by without stopping by with some chit chat. Frankly, I was preoccupied with my toes, my failed career as a prima ballerina and some pains I was having in my arms - which I attribute to the antibiotic I was on for my toes.

Joe told me that Agnes Rose insisted on bringing me flowers to celebrate my recent good news from MSK. Here is a photo of them. Such a beautiful combination of white and fuscia roses with sea lavender as filler. The roses actually have a lovely scent as well. Isn't she a thoughtful baby?


So, right now Jack and I are babysitting our sleeping Agnes Rose while her parents are out looking at open houses. Their apartment lease runs out in June and it is time to start house hunting. I think it is the height of irony that one of the towns they are looking in is Port Washington as Joe comes from Port Washington, Wisconsin. Isn't that wild? They are looking at other towns as well - ones located near a direct line on the LIRR into Manhattan. Of course, I am rooting for Port Washington - not only for the name - but because it is the closest to us - just across the harbor.

This morning, I introduced Gingie Girl to a family tradition. My mother used to make free form ginger bread man shaped pancakes for me when I was a child; I made them for Karen and Kate (and some bunch of kids in the Hamptons!) and today, I made one for Gingie Girl. She seemed to enjoy it. See pictures above, I could not get them in the right place.
Hope you enjoy the photos!
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!






No comments: