February 05, 2009

Dust Bunny Exodus

Well, either I am much better or much sicker because today I had the uncontrollable urge to clean the bedroom, unearth the dust bunnies, move the bed to a different wall and the dresser as well. I've vacuumed and dusted the heat registers and under the bed, found great treasures that have been missing for awhile....unfortunately, no single earrings whose mates wait patiently in my jewelry box for a reunion.

I think all the medication is finally kicking in and although my throat is a little sore, my sinus problem is resolved and I no longer sound like Fran Dresher (after all, I'm a girl from Flushing, too!) My chest is reasonably clear and the cough has disappeared. I don't know why I have all this energy and hope I don't pay the price of a sore back tomorrow but it will be worth it to have a different view of the room. I haven't moved the furniture around in eons. The poor cat is thoroughly confused - whether by the room change or the fact that her dust bunny friends have disappeared so suddenly, I do not know.

Kate's blog title cracked me up today...."When a Blogger Goes Bad." If you have a chance, click on Sween in the Bean. Once you start blogging and folks expect to read something from you, they start worrying if you miss a day or three! Sometimes there just isn't time or idea - and sometimes you just are sick in bed and not thinking of anything except where the box of tissues is!

Today I received an invitation to submit part of my blog to the Writer's Forum at MSK. They are having a reception and reading for the writers in April and the compositions will be bound in a book. I don't know what to do. Part of me would like to participate in this but I do not know which "baby" to pick as my submission. I'll have to go back and read all of them. If you have a particular favorite blog entry - one that was clearly reflective of my feelings dealing with this latest bout - please share your opinion with me. I guess I am putting it to a double vote...should I participate and if I do, which one should I submit. This isn't a contest but a way to help other's cope with cancer. So, please, if something in particular has inspired you, please vote. I have to let them know by March 1.

That's it for today. Got to get back to cleaning while the energy is still on high.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: