March 01, 2009

Lost Lamb

I'm like the lost lamb in the gospels. I had such good intentions of attending Ash Wednesday services and celebrating the Eucharist this morning but as they say, sometimes good intentions pave the way to hell. I spent a good part of Tuesday and Wednesday in bed with some intestinal issues. Then the quiet throbbing I was feeling in my upper arms got stronger. Although the left is a little better, I can barely lift my right arm. I am putting off seeking medical help until I can speak to the doctor at MSK tomorrow to make sure this is just a bursitis or muscle spasm and that I can be prescribed some type of cortisone to calm it down. I have been awake most of the last two nights as the right arm hurts so much that I can't even pull the covers up over my head! Call me a WAAAAAAmublance as we used to say at work! Needless to say, I did not get to church today either as I don't actually think I can turn the steering wheel. Joe and Karen are leaving Agnes Rose here for a few hours this afternoon but Grandpa is here to do any lifting....I'm just here for the fun - even though my arm hurts, I can still sing along with Gingie!

It has been said that I have a touch of the psychic in me. It is most powerful between Karen, Kate and I. For instance, I'll be talking to Jack about one of them and the phone will ring. I'll know before I answer that it is whichever name was on my lips. This sometimes drives Jack around the bend. Friday night, I admit I was just being a nosey mother, I was checking out real estate ads in the Newsday - big Long Island newspaper. Of course, I was doing this on line. I randomly picked a site in Port Washington (I'm still rooting for PW) and began to peruse the houses for sale. Saw one that I thought matched their criteria and planned to e-mail it to Joe and Karen on Saturday. Before I had a chance to do that, Saturday morning Karen called and I told her I had been nosing around and found a house that fit within their parameters. Karen said was it the blah blah house on such a street? Now this is out of hundreds of houses for sale in the Newsday - talk about psychic connections! It was the very house and they had already planned to look at it today along with others in Garden City.

With the snow that is predicted for here tonight and tomorrow, I'm not sure how much looking will be done today. I feel sorry for my family in the south as they are not used to snow of any kind and according to the news this morning, they seem to be being pelted.

Have to go blow dry my hair - left handed - it is in bad enough shape already but that's another story.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you.

No comments: