March 25, 2010

Jeepers! Peepers!

Except for a Steinway Grand and a two-seater, red convertible (I don’t care what kind), I haven’t dreamed for too  many extraordinary things.   Oh, the usual – loving and safe family, good health, good friends – the really important things.  HOWEVER, a dream I dared not to dream has come true. 

Having to stop at our local pharmacy to pick up a prescription and some tissues, I simply had to walk down the candy aisle – just to look…..sniff…..gaze at the Peeps.  I know I am turning into a voyeur with these secret peeps at the Peeps but I am out of control…..a candidate for a Peep Peeper Clinic for my addiction.  Well, you will not believe what I found.  I was so startled, I knocked off my sunglasses as I pushed back my low brimmed hat and lowered the scarf from my nose and lips.  (Well, you can’t go around peeping unless you wear a disguise can you?) 

SUGAR FREE yellow Peeps – the diabetics of the world of Peeps.  Of course, they were about three times the price of the regular Peeps but what an incredible discovery.   THIS is how Columbus must have felt when he saw land after all those choppy waves.   With wild abandon I quickly snatched a box of 3 (yeh, 3 not 9) and rushed the cashier – then rushed back to actually pick up my prescription and tissues.  I waited until I got home to open the package.  I put it in the freezer to get them stale quicker.  I delicately snapped off the head with my teeth after dinner.  It was divine.  Tonight I will have another and tomorrow I will try to find another ten boxes or so.  Of course there is a warning on the side saying “Not a calorie free food.”  Certainly not, it tastes good therefore it must have calories  just not sugar.

Now accompany my sugar free Peeps with some sugar free Jelly Belly jelly beans and I will have come close to Nirvana.

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: