March 05, 2010

So, Anyway....

Thought you might like to hear the conclusion of the last blog. After 3 days, I get a call from the gal from the endo office giving me an appointment for mid-May. I started to explain again how I was being treated a MSKCC for lung cancer and my sugar was VERY high and there was some concern and she informed me that I already told her all that, it was of no interest to her and that I should go see my Internist. I promptly made an appointment with my Internist for Tuesday and hopefully will be put on some medication as a stop gap. Meanwhile, Jack and I discussed seeing the Endocrinologist at MSKCC since all my records were there; it was good to have the doctors in the same place and able to coordinate medications, etc. Jack does not mind heading into the city an extra day a month if need be but I have since found out that they will try to schedule my appointments with Dr. Lung O and the Endocrinologist on the same days. See, that is a place that tries its best to accommodate its patients. Anyway, I got in touch with Dr. Lung O's secretary, Jacquie, who is the most helpful person on the planet, and she arranged for me to have an appointment with the MSKCC endo (a woman, praise be) for June although I will have blood work done in May. So, I still have to see my Internist to try to ward off any glucose crisis.

I will be canceling the other appointment for sure. It did not make me feel like I would get very good care. It is amazing to me that I have had such incredible doctors most of the time but the hardest time finding an Endocrinologist that relates to me or I to him.

Kate is coming home tomorrow to see Aggie Rose and Bernadette. She says she misses them - us, she doesn't miss because she saw us two weeks ago. I don't blame her one bit because those two little dolls are adorable - not that I am prejudiced or anything. I haven't taken any new photos but if you look on Notes from a Long Island, Joe has some wonderful photographs.

Last night I cooked wiener schnitzel. Jack and I are sick of eating the same foods all the time so I have begun to experiment with different dishes (see what happens when you retire and feel good?) The wiener schnitzel was delicious, accompanied by potato pancakes, red cabbage, apple sauce, and sour cream. I was very proud of myself and thought about lighting a candle and giving Jack a check at the end of the meal but since he did the grocery shopping, I refrained. There seemed to be so much meat but there was only one little piece left which is in the refrigerator waiting for tomorrow as we are not eating meat on Fridays during Lent. It was hard to have my tuna sandwich with the sound of the Viennese Waltz coming from the foil wrapped package in the fridge.
Last week I made Osso Buco and we enjoyed it. I froze some for Joe and Karen and Joe said it was excellent. He is such a good cook that I appreciate his compliments. Truthfully, I am craving White Castle hamburgers but figure they would kill me with the medications I am on. You know, you can only eat so much healthy food before you need a junk food fix!

Believe!

As always, love from me to you.

No comments: