Well, the parade is on the television and the soda bread is in the oven. Jack is marching along in the BIG PARADE again and no matter how long I watch the parade, I never see him. There are too many white haired men wearing Irish sweaters to pick him out.
It is hard to believe it is March 17 as the weather is glorious – warm and sunny. After all the misery of this hell of a winter season, the sun almost hurts your eyes! Agnes Rose will miss the snow, I fear. Hopefully, the sand at the beach will be a good substitute for a few months. Bernadette will enjoy a ride in the sled next year.
I think I shall purchase a corned beef sandwich at the deli when I go out later. Jack won’t be home for dinner and I’m thinking a sandwich would be just right – maybe with a touch of Jamie….we’ll see.
I promised my pal, Jim, that if he was up for it, Jack and I would plan a trip to Ireland this summer. It is ok with our other travel companions so we’ll see what we can do to keep our promise….God willing and the creek doesn’t rise.
Here is a lovely thought I copied from the program from the LAOH Division 8 St. Patrick’s Dance last week. I thought it was beautiful:
St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time – a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.
–Adrienne Cook
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment