There is much to say about the joys that have come about this month. I’ll start with the most current and work back…..Our friends Bill and Joan became grandparents yesterday when their daughter Jennifer and her husband presented them with 7lb 20 inch Lia Grace. God love them all. (Thank goodness Jack and I finally got the baby’s shower gift over to them on Saturday! Nothing like cutting it close!)
We also learned that Virginia’s son Tom and his wife Jenna are expecting a girl in late July/early August. I, of course, am hoping for August 4 – I’d like to share the feast of my nativity with this new life! March 19 was Virginia’s birthday as well as the Feast of St. Joseph. I had a St. Joseph’s pastry on Saturday night – late for the feast day but good nevertheless.
Jim had his surgery last Monday and says he is as fit as a fiddle already. Thank God again, all went well and there was no need for any follow up treatment. I hope he takes really good care of himself because we love him and need him with us for a long time. I have been giving a lot of thought to where we should go in Ireland as Joan and Bill are in agreement that it would make Jim happy and we are all happy as long as we are together. Maybe we should spend most of our time on the west coast with a trip to horse country around Tullamore and the Giant’s Causeway in the north. We’ll see.
I got to spend some time with Bernadette on Friday and I think she recognized my voice and actually smiled before she saw me. She is a sweet baby who is really plumping up. All her little forehead wrinkles are gone and her big blue eyes are observing everything. When she sees her big sister, Agnes Rose, she smiles and coos.
Agnes Rose and I got to spend some time together on Friday, too. She took me on a tour of the garden (which her Papa is working very hard in with her help!) We found tulips and daffodils coming up through the soil as well as crocus and a ladybug. I was so happy to find the ladybug as ladybugs are very special to me and Kate. We used to spread them in our garden and it was always funny to have a pint of them in the refrigerator afraid that they would be mistaken for a pint of Ben & Jerry’s!
Yoga has been wonderful for body and soul. Tomorrow I will meet the local Crones for coffee at Starbucks. I have been rewarded for my hard work at yoga as the Dominos Pizza next door to the yoga establishment has been turned into a place called Vanilla Cupcake. I will have to check that out on Thursday and get back to you. I hope they serve coffee as well as sell cupcakes.
Being back on diabetic medicine has brought my glucose level down quite a bit but not enough. I’m sure when I see the endo at MSKCC, I will be back on injections. I don’t mind that – at least it keeps me in check. I am trying really hard to watch my diet but I need to exercise more……exercise more, what a joke – I NEED TO EXERCISE every day not just on yoga day! And what with Passover next week, I already have a box of matzos waiting for me to butter them up and put on some sugar free jam. Then there is Easter and the Peeps. Sometimes, life is not easy. I don’t mind not eating chocolate candy (and you can get sugarfree everything) but there are no sugarfree Peeps and I’d rather have Peeps (yellow, please, I am a purist) than any other candy…..although I don’t mind a Cadbury egg or two. AUGHHHHHH!
Believe!
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment