March 18, 2010

Yoga Cheer

This may seem to be a silly thing to write about but I am so happy I wanted to share it.  As you know, I’ve been going to yoga as often as I can – trying for at least once a week.  I really love it as the group is so much fun to be with and the instructor is so inspiring.  Anyway, joy comes in little ways…..a few weeks ago I started to spend time off the  chair and go down to the mat – it was a struggle after so many years as a couch potato.  I then needed some assistance to get back up – but I wasn’t the only one in the class so I wasn’t ashamed of asking for help.  Well, today, I got down on the mat and I got up from the mat with no assistance from anyone of anything!  It was a big achievement for me and I wanted to share this with you. 

My goal is to strengthen myself physically and calm myself mentally.  Physically, I would like to be in good enough shape to start walking in a few weeks so that I can go to Ireland this summer and not be a total drag.  Of course, I haven’t exactly shared this Ireland plan with Jack yet but I think he will go with it.    I’ll keep you posted!

All journeys begin with a single step so they say!

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: