December 08, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ben!

The weather today is clear but windy and in the early forties. At least our 8th month of August should be clear and seasonal as far as temps are concerned.
Today is also Ben's birthday so I send him birthday greetings from Jack and I. We are happy he will be joining us for Christmas but not as happy as Agnes. I showed her a photo of the real Big Ben in London but she scoffs at the idea that anything or anyone besides her Ben is Big Ben!
We had a soup supper with the kids last night. Well, Joe and Karen were there but Joe was rushing about the kitchen getting the soup and pasta ready for us; Karen came rushing in late (in the pouring rain but Jack picked her up at the station) as Joe and Karen were going to a meeting. That's why we were there to watch the kids. Anyway, they left a few minutes late (like 3 minutes) after gobbling down some soup; bathing the kids and putting them in their p.j.s and Bernadette to bed. They were gone about five minutes, probably parking outside the meeting, and the nun in charge of the program called because they were late. It was deja vu all over again for me. I said they probably were walking in the door. Frankly, it irks me that when someone is kind enough to volunteer their services, the fact that it was pouring rain, they have children and also had to travel home from work on the train - they could be cut five minutes or even 20 minutes of slack. They are not habitually late for anything. So there, Sister. I'm being brave because I'm sure she does not read this blog. Yeh, she hit a nerve when I answered the phone to "that" voice. Only now I am a grown up and can have a "voice" of my own. :)
At the moment I am waiting for the Chimney Sweeps to arrive. I hope they sing and dance as they work.
Believe!
As usual, love from me to you.

No comments: