December 03, 2011

12 - 03 - 11

Weather on December 2 - clear, low 35 high 53 (although I suspect it was higher, read on and you will learn why.) Looks like February may be a gentle month. Weather today a little chillier than yesterday but bright and sunny; low 35 high 55. As unscientific as this is, looks like a good March. This may not be scientific but it does bring back a happy memory of my mother keeping track the first 12 days of December - right up until she could no longer do it. I feel like I should pick up the stick and run with it. We'll see how far I get; I missed yesterday but I had a good reason!
Yesterday, Jack, Karen, Agnes and I went into the BIG CITY to see THE TREE and the ROCKETTES. I capitalize these because they are Agnes' description. She says she LOVES the city. So did I when I was a lot younger and a bit more spry! Radio City Music Hall never disappoints and now that we are priviledged to a backstage tour by Eric, a neighbor of Joe and Karen's, it is even more exciting. I see that I wrote about all of this a few blogs ago (boy, I have been missing in action) but it is so thrilling, it bears repeating. We left by the stage door and I was overheard asking if the crowd (waiting for tickets) was wanting my autobraph - one of the dancers had left with us and really cracked up. I was going to tell him I was one of the Rockettes that he hadn't met before but he moved too swiftly and my joke came to mind too slowly! Damn. We walked over to the spectacular Rockefeller Plaza to see the tree and I must be getting more sentimental because it looked even more beautiful this year......maybe it was seeing it through Agnes' beautiful blue eyes. I sat and gazed at the tree while the trio went off to see the Angels, skaters and rest of the plaza. I wear out a little too easily these days. We would up at a lovely I
rish pub called Connolly's on 54th Street (next to the Warwick Hotel), were treated royally and had a bite to eat. Then we walked over to get the car. It was more walking than I am used to and feel like I was hit by a truck today but realize that I need to get back to some kind of exercise - if I wasn't so tired. I guess that is like a dog chasing his tail, isn't it?
I wrote this blog awhile ago but somehow deleted the whole thing. UGHHHHH! so it will be a little shorter than I intended. I am hoping to add some photos when Karen sends them to me. I hope I can figure out how to put the video of Agnes' dancing with joy across the street from Radio City!
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!

No comments: