Poor St. Nick has a warm but rainy day for his feast day. It is close to 60 degrees out but rainy; tomorrow winter weather will make its way here. So, June does not look to be a glorious month in the sunshine department. I hope this is wrong as there are so many special occasions in June which are much nicer in the sunshine!
Joe introduced me to the custom of St. Nicholas Day. He said his family always celebrated it. Joe leaves chocolate coins and little tokens as well as cards for Karen and the girls. I think it is a really lovely tradition.
The day started off with a laugh as I had taken my chemo pill at 7:30 (which is late as I usually take it around 6) and have to wait an hour before I eat or drink anything. So, I was lounging in bed, half asleep but not quite sleeping - you know, that cozy feeling of knowing you can get up but you really don't have to ? Well, the phone rang about 9 and when I looked I saw it was my good friend, Marie, and I answered by saying, "Who dares disturb the mama bear in her cave?" I had to call her back. I am usually up by 8:30 - late by some standards of retired folk - but I have trouble sleeping during the night and sometimes am up from 2 to 4. Marie says they are up extremely early because they have to feed their pets. My cat just sleeps until we wake up or she has a visit outside for a few hours. She doesn't like it outside so she has learned not to awaken the sleeping bears!
Believe!
As usual, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment