Sorry my visit of yesterday was postponed until today but I had a lovely Christmas lunch with my dear high school pals, Marie, Pat and Janice. We had such a good time but the afternoon flew past and it was 4:30 before I got home. I was so tired that I just could not sit and write anything that made sense. This group is truly a Circle of Trust as we can say anything and no it will go no further and the counsel is wise. There is nothing as valuable as a long time friendship. You can pick up where you left off whenever that was. We've been pals since we were freshman in high school, ten or so years ago. (As author, I may take poetic license - or lie like a rug!) More like 46 or so years ago.....lifetimes. When we speak of our blessings and tides of joy, these friendships and others like them come readily to mind. Our friends sustain us and hopefully, we sustain them.
Before I forget, the weather was clear and chilly yesterday (that would be the 9 day so September should be a clear and seasonable month.) Today, more of the same, clear, colder than yesterday which bodes ok for an October weather.
Agnes just left with Karen and Bernadette. Bernadette got her first haircut this morning and looks so cute with bangs. She likes to flip her hair around like Agnes! I've learned to keep hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator for Bernadette as she enjoys them on Saturday when she stops by after gym class to pick up Agnes. I always remember eating the white part of hard boiled eggs with my grandmother - she only ate the yolks. I still only eat the whites of hard boiled but love runny fried eggs! Go figure that one out - if you care. My mother used to call fried eggs "an egg with a hat on it" - I guess it was an unbroken yolk. Funny remembrances come back when you least expect them.
Tomorrow Bernadette turns 2. Hard to believe two years have flown by. Two years of being very thankful to see each day.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
t
No comments:
Post a Comment