December 18, 2010

Perfect Week Ending

As you know, Monday was a really incredible day for us.  We still haven’t seen the video of my 60 seconds of fame as the two friends who made copies on their DVR lost the video.  Oh well, I will try to get one from the website but maybe it would be better to imagine myself being FABULOUS than actually seeing that I was pretty embarrassing! 

The week continued to be great fun although I must admit I did not get to one yoga class.  I’ll make up for it this week.   Tuesday night I had dinner with a dear friend from SCO days;  Wednesday night I had dinner with another friend from the SCO days;  Thursday I slaved over a hot stove and produced shrimp scampi and bow tie pasta for Jack.  Friday, well, Friday I had a four hour lunch with my pals from high school, Marie, Pat and Janice.  Pat had a gift certificate for one of my favorite restaurants and she had to use it up within the next 3 days so she treated us all to lunch!  We talked and laughed and enjoyed the time we spent together as only old friends can.   I got home in time to get dressed up a bit and put on some fresh makeup as we headed out for dinner with our friends Chris and Eileen Hughes and Bob and Kathy McMahon.  The Hughes’ treated us to a lovely evening at their club.   Again, loads of fun and laughter – good food and good friends make an amazing combination!

Today Jack has hauled in all the Christmas decorations for inside the house as well as a lovely fresh pine tree.  As I sit here typing, I am staring at the boxes of ornaments and other accoutrements of the season and wonder which ones I can make disappear without anyone knowing about it.  Putting them up is not so bad as the Christmas carols are fresh and joyful but putting them away is a genuine pain in the, a, ah – spirit of the season.  Whew!

I am cooking pea soup and a walnut Irish soda bread at the moment.  The cooking elf has taken control of me for today anyway! 

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: