December 06, 2010

Good News

I am extremely happy to tell you that my latest CT scan results are wonderful – stable, no changes.  This clinical trial has been an incredible blessing for me and my family and friends.  Although fatigue continues to plague me, it is little to complain about considering two years ago I was in fourth stage lung cancer with a spot on the pancreatic tail.  God is good and I hope He continues to bless the wonderful staff at MSKCC and all those who work so hard to bring good health and encouragement to the afflicted.

Santa and girls 2010Agnes Rose and Bernadette met with Santa and Mrs. Claus on Saturday morning at St. Peter’s, their parish and site of Agnes’ nursery school.  Here is the photo which I’m sure Joe and Karen won’t mind my posting.  It cracks me up as Bernadette’s face reminds me of Karen’s first visit to Santa. I can still see her sliding down Santa’s lap in her royal blue snow suit.  I can’t put my hands on that photo but if I find it between now and Christmas, I will try to scan it in.  I remember our nephew, Michael, when he was just about Agnes’ age crying because he did not want Santa to put candy in his sock (stocking!) 

The weather suddenly turned cold and damp here and we had flurries when in Manhattan this morning.   I am feeling very chilled even though I have the heat on high and a sweatshirt, lined jeans and warm socks on.  I think the dampness outside gets to me.   I don’t mind the winter weather if the sun is shining.

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: