It is going on to ten at night and I am usually snuggled into my flannel sheets by now! I just watched the first episode of Downton Abbey - AGAIN - and enjoyed it so much I can't think about sleeping at the moment. Thought I'd drop a line to you all.
My mother has been on my mind today. Perhaps it is the upcoming Christmas holiday or the great sadness we were all feeling this weekend for the families of Newtown. I even felt sad for the news anchors who had to report on this tragedy. They were really struggling - and some were old veterans of terrible news reports. I was thinking how my mother would have reacted to this news. Her heart would have broken. One of the last acts of horror that she and I shared before the dementia won the battle was 9/11. My mother saw a lot in her 101 years. There was little that could shock her.
Yesterday Karen, Agnes, Bernadette and I visited Virginia. Her recovery from her knee replacement is nothing short of miraculous. She is really amazing two short weeks past the surgery. She's made some decorating changes in her house and I think it looks like a magazine ad. She is so creative and has such a good eye for color and placement. She could have been an interior designer for sure. I'll be the people she has helped as a Nursing Administrator would have missed her skills in that field if she chose something else. Do I admire her? You bet. Virginia and her sister, Eileen, have been my friends for 60 years. I don't know what I would have done without them in my life. They have stood by me through sunshine and storms.
Jack brought in a Panetone tonight. That is an Italian yeast cake/bread (sort of the Italian version of German stoellen) and I toasted a piece for myself, smothered it with butter and ate it just before I sat down here. Even though I washed my hands, I can still smell the lovely orange/yeasty scent.....makes me want another piece but I will wait until breakfast and then maybe reward myself with two slices.......
I will be praying this week for the families in Connecticut as well as everyone suffering in heart, soul or body. I pray especially that God blesses you with peace of heart.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment