As I walked into the den this morning and glanced out the window, I thought for a moment I was Princess Winifred from the Land of the Foggy Foggy Dew (Once Upon a Mattress.) The fog was so thick I could hardly make out the fence separating us from the railroad tracks. Happily, as the day wore on, the fog lifted and a little sun has peeked out. Considering Dec 2 as February, it may be a month that is a little warmer than usual. Today is is fairly warm for December which may account for the fog earlier. So, February should be a mild month. Should be - not necessarily will be!
One of my all time favorite movies was on today, "Tea with Mussolini." The reason I love this movie is that it is set in Florence and San Gimignano, Italy. San Gimignano is a beautiful place and we were fortunate enough to visit it with Bill and Joan when we traveled to Italy. Whenever I see this movie, I am reminded of the incredible time we all had - laughing, eating, drinking wine, and drinking more wine! Every day we would buy several bottles of the local wine and cheese and pretend to ourselves that we would ship them home - well, needless to say, we enjoyed our wine and cheese every evening as we watched the sun set behind the Tuscan hills. It was a trip that I often revisit in my mind and I am so thankful for the memories that come from that trip.
Last Saturday, Jeanne and Brian married at the Three Village Inn. It was a fun time for all of us. I had such a good time that I forgot to leave our gift and had to mail it a few days later - when I found it in my evening purse. Ooops!
It is hard to believe that today is the first Sunday of Advent. The years are really flying. I heard from several friends yesterday after publishing the blog again and one said weren't we in high school just yesterday? Seems like it! Thanks to all of you who took the time to write that you were glad to see me writing again - me, too!
My grandies are coming for a short visit so I will close for now.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment