December 04, 2012

Tempermental Printers

Oh, bother, the weather today is drizzly, overcast and warm - the weatherman promises it will clear this afternoon but it is almost noon now and still overcast!  Looks like April (Dec 4) will be her usual unsettled month.

Did you ever want to drop kick your computer or printer?  I have not been able to print for the past week for no reason that I could figure out.  Jack needed a few things printed and I always print current lists of medications when I go to MSKCC.  No luck with the printer even though I kept trying to get Jack's item printed.  I tried everything - including prayer and pulling out the plug - nothing changed.  It just kept going to copy and shooting out blank paper - when it did not jam for no reason.  So, this morning I moved my laptop into Kate and Karen's old bedroom (now referred to as the guest room) as that is the current location of the printer.  Thinking I would try one more time,   I plugged the printer into the laptop and it spit out 8 copies of the document I had spent days trying to print.  It is working fine now.  Go figure.

While in this room, I pulled up the blinds on the corner windows and realized that I had never - in 33 years of living in this house - sat in this particular spot and gazed out the window.  Maybe that is why the printer did not work - perhaps my angel was trying to show me something.  The view is beautiful as I look at the bare limbed trees; see the figs which did not ripen still holding on the tree looking every bit like holiday ornaments; really look at the beautiful trees in the back of my neighbor's yard; wonder at the orange leaves still grasping several trees in spite of the storms.

I got to thinking that we should all be like those orange leaves and hold on really tightly no matter what storms come our way knowing that spring will return and fill our hearts with renewed vigor and hope. 

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: