We just got in from MSKCC where I had a dose of chemo and a B-12 shot. It probably sounds strange to say I had a great time while waiting for the chemo to be ready. There are always interesting people in the waiting room and most make eye contact which is sort of the signal that they want to talk. Anyone who knows me also knows that I have been seen talking to empty chairs long before Clint Eastwood. Anyway, today there was a woman making the most adorable Gingerbread Men out of craft materials. There she sat, hot glue gun in hand, putting on their eyes, noses, drawing the mouth, fluffy buttons - I'm telling you, they were so adorable. Of course I told her that I admire her patience and she said she was making them for the staff. Then I realized that earlier in the lab where I had my blood tests done, there was a turkey on the wall and when I commented, the fellow checking my vitals said a woman who comes with her husband (he is also being treated by Dr. Krug) and makes things for the holidays. She also makes many and mails them to MSKCC for the children who are receiving treatment. We really chatted away and her hands worked as quickly as we chatted. Even Jack was impressed with her handiwork. She asked if I had any grandchildren and of course, I told her about Agnes and Bernadette. Before she left, she insisted I take two for the grandies. She also asked me to be sure that a woman who had gone into the chemo lab earlier get one as she had been chatting with us too!
As if this was not enough joy for one day, my friend, Gerry stopped by as she was having lab work at the same time. We are usually on different schedules but hopefully, they will match up eventually. It was so good to see her. What a beautiful person, inside and out! Jack was happy to finally meet the phantom Gerry!
What else? Leslie came in to chat with us while I was having the infusion which is always a treat. She is no longer my primary care Nurse Practitioner as she has been promoted upward (well deserved, I applaud.) Spending the time with her made the time fly - although it is only ten minutes. (Unfortunately, it sometimes takes upwards of 3 hours for them to prepare the medication based on the current blood work.) Trust me, I am not complaining as I will always be thankful for the gift of life that these medications are providing me. God is good and I think He is not ready for someone to chat His ear off just yet!
Since Mom passed, I have had so many health issues, I am ashamed to admit I never had her name put on her headstone. Today we stopped on the way home and made the necessary arrangements and the work will be done in two months or so. Even though it will take a few more months, at least it is off my mind. It really bothered me to have Mom's grave unmarked.
Speaking of Mom, today's weather (Dec 3) is almost balmy. Temperatures were in the mid sixties and the sun was shining. It looks as though March may be a mild month.
Please continue to send those prayers upward as they are really working!
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment