December 12, 2012

Missing You

Sorry I can't tell you the weather for the rest of December as I lost track.  I am praying for a beautiful August 18!

Still a little short winded but it does seem to be a side effect of the chemo.  I'm just going to ride it out.   I feel bad for Jack as I am good for little more than holding the chair down with my rear end, pushing the remote and folding the wash.  I did manage to put dinner in the oven tonight so while it cooks, I am sitting here with you .... and watching clips from Downton Abbey!  My favorite show which I take credit for alerting all of  my pals about.  I caught it by accident the first night it was on and shouted the good news about this show immediately afterward.  Glad to see that I was not alone in my love of this show.  Can't wait for the third installment and I learned today there will be a fourth!  Class wins - so beautiful without making love and life ugly like network tv.  I've grown addicted to PBS and except for a few shows, I watch very little network tv.  Parenthood is the exception as I think it is an exceptional show.

Plans for Kate and Ben's wedding are perking along.  They are working hard on the details.   I can hardly wait for Kate to arrive after Christmas as we are going to look at wedding dresses!  That is surely one of the joys of motherhood.  I've been practicing crying while watching Say Yes to the Dress!

Jack has brought in the Christmas decorations which I plan to keep  minimal this year.  The tree is always so pretty and I'm glad that we finally got a real fake one with lights already on it last year.  The pine has been setting off bronchial infections for me.  We do have 2 real wreathes over the fireplaces although I don't  notice any aroma from them this year.  They look pretty, though.  I will put my elves on the hutch as I've had those since I was a child and then I'm giving them to Kate to take.  I gave Karen a nativity that I made in my ceramic phase when she was an infant and we've used it ever since.  Now it will grace her home.  My Dicken's Carolers have also moved to the DeMerit household although they will be shared if Kate wants any.  It is exciting to put the stuff out but putting it away takes on a different face!  I know Kate shares my love for the elves.  I'm not happy with the book, Elf on a Shelf, as I think it makes the elf look like a tattletale.  Elves are happy helpers not running off to the  North Pole to report on naughty or nice.  I would always have had a stocking full of coal if that were the case!  We had a lot of elves as my mother would put them around, too.

Today I decided to stick to decaf to calm me down a bit.  Well, I had 2 cups of Tully's House Blend Decaf at 7:30 am and at 10 a.m. fell asleep in the chair for over 2 hours!  Guess I have to go through the learning curve.

Smells like the chicken is done so off I go. 

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!








No comments: